26 August 2008

Swim time

Green & Yellow puppies (gotta get names for these 2!) the two remaining pups here accompanied Tyro to aquatherapy. After Tyro was done, Nicky Snook took our pups, one by one, into the heated pool for a short "swim". True to form, the female pup was more relaxed and confident even though Green doesn't hesitate to jump into and wade around in the kiddy wading pool we have set up outdoors.

I can't yet decide which of these two pups to keep. Both have wonderful conformation and temperaments. Some days I lean to Green because I love the boys and of course, I want a boy who will be just like my Sasha (he's the maternal grandfather). On the other hand, I also love Yellow as she seems a lot like her mother, Miska, and is full of confidence and is likely to be a good hunter with even better conformation than Miska. She's smart, quiet in her crate, and just lovely. But I am not interested nor have the energy to do much more breeding in future (except perhaps 1 more litter from Miska), so why keep Yellow? I would like Yellow to remain intact because she represents three lovely lines coming together that are unique here in North America (Australian, British and American). And if I don't breed her, perhaps I could take one of her pups in future. Some people say keep both but neither is that a good idea for the pups nor for our family. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Miss Yellow!
    Such a good, brave puppy!.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia, but you have already family waiting for one of the pups, right?

    Just checking... :)

    ReplyDelete