7 August 2008

Gosh - MORE soggy doggies!!

Michael awoke me at 7 AM this morning (I was in a deep REM sleep with a thumping head-ache) saying he heard rain so I had better get up and get puppies outside before it got bad. I struggled out of bed and the rain was coming down harder. Had to push the puppies outside as they sure didn't want to go out. Then it just started teeming & I was out there with no umbrella or rain gear, getting drenched - yet again. Puppies didn't want to do their business so I carried 2 of them to a treed area hoping that the shelter of the trees would help. All they wanted to do was hide under my legs. I dashed into the house for an umbrella, let the others in and when I got back outside, I couldn't find those 2 puppies! Panic set in. Where were they?

I yelled to Michael, "I need your help NOW. Puppies are peeing and pooping inside and 2 are missing outdoors. Come quickly!" Michael leaped out of bed and we both went outdoors in the teeming rain. Our garden is so large and those pups could be anywhere. We searched and yelled and then finally found them hiding under the giant hostas by the side of the house. They had followed me when I raced back for the umbrella but didn't come all the way to the patio door to come indoors. Needless to say, they were soaked and shivery but safe, thank goodness! This rain is just getting to be a royal pain in the you-know-what. It's sure not doing my house-training program any good. I'm sure we're going to set another rainfall record for the month of August!

Here are some photos and video of the puppies playing indoors (warm, dry and safe!).

Here's the link to the Picasa album for larger pics.

Pups, wk 7 indoors

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! That rain is really a nuisance, quite an obstacle in house-training of the puppies, and they don’t like to be soggy, but than again, nobody does....:)

    Just yesterday on the news they were confirming your suspicion, Sylvia, Ontario and Quebec are the two provinces with abnormal rain precipitation this summer.

    And another adventure with the puppies, I bet you guys are getting really tired by now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent use of the aerobic equipment!

    ReplyDelete