25 August 2008

2 more pups leave the nest

On August 20th and 25th, we said farewell to Mr Black and Mr Red. Mr Black is now known as "Gunner". He lives very close to us so I'll see more of him. In fact, I'll be showing him in dog shows once he's old enough. He joins a wonderful family with two teenaged boys and a 9-year old Labrador Retriever named 'Boomer". They have already learned how ingenious a Vizsla can be as Gunner managed to pull himself up onto a chair and then climbed onto a table, all by himself! That's not something most Labs try but being very agile, Vizslas are game for almost anything.



Gunner
Mr Red boarded a plane for California and so I won't be seeing much of him. But I have a standing invitation to visit the family, who owns two female Vizslas, to visit and I will take them up on that offer one day. Mr Red is now known as 'Andras". The new owners love going to dog shows so their new puppy will be a show dog. Here are photos taken of "Andras" at the Air Canada cargo area. I had to arrive 3 hours in advance and because he was being flown to the US, additional security screening procedures were in place. I have never seen so much paperwork attached to a dog crate in my life! Of course, they had to inspect the crate to ensure there were no explosives or drugs. What interesting and sometimes very sad times we live in now. It was a long journey for Andras but he arrived safely and has now met one of the 2 female Vizslas who will become his new 4-legged family.



Red departs for CA

4 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that Mr Red has arrived safely. I hope you do come to California and visit again. Sara and her clan would love to see you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd sure love to see you, Sara, and the rest of your gang plus Elizabeth & Gryphon again. Perhaps I'll try to get down next June for the Northern CA Vizsla specialty show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to you Mr.Red and your new family in California!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best to you, Mr.Black and your new family! You are so lucky! Boomer will take you under his wing... :)

    ReplyDelete