10 February 2009

New RAE, RE & RN (rally) titles

Three of our dogs completed 3 more rally titles at the Suhuaro State Kennel Club's rally trials in Phoenix AZ. Elizabeth Packer and Gryphon earned his Rally Excellent (RE) title. My Nova finally earned her last 2 legs of her Rally Advanced-Excellent (RAE) title and Tyro (Cdn CH Varazs Naplete Tyrone) completed his Rally Novice title in 3 straight trials and earned 2 First place finishes. Although the AKC website showed Nova only needed 1 more leg for her RAE title, it was wrong and I knew she needed two. Fortunately, I entered her in 3 trials and she had Q's in 2 of the three. Whew!

Unfortunately, Miska had come into season and so I had to scratch her 6 entries at $29 US each which added up to a lot of money that I wasn't able to get back. She is working on her RAE title and for that, a dog has to compete in both the Advanced and Excellent classes in each trial. Oh well, that's life. Because of her heat, I didn't have Tyro's complete attention even removed from her proximity so I was very surprised when he managed to snag two first placements. And it was nice for Mom (Nova) and Son (Tyro) to finish their titles the same day. Way to go!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, congrats on all the new rally titles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof, woof super paws. What's rally?

    From 2 shy Vizslas

    ReplyDelete