25 July 2008

30 years owning Vizslas!


Gosh, it just dawned on me today when I was outside playing with puppies that in June of 2008, we had owned Vizslas for 30 years! (Sure doesn't feel like it's been that long.) Our first Vizsla, Marelsa's Cy ("Csarda") pictured above was 8 months old when he joined me and my-soon-to-be husband. We later married in December. Csarda was with us for 14.5 years. Could I have ever predicted how my life changed because of him? Nope. So here's to you Csarda for introducing me to this incredible breed of dog and all the wonderful Vizslas I've owned since and all the terrific people I've met because of you.

3 comments:

  1. Thirty years...Wow. I, for one, am glad Csarda hooked you and Michael in. Where would I be without my wonderful Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam! I still can vividly recall Csarda and it seems like just a few years ago, not 30. Maybe after all this time I can now say that I know a thing or 2 about Vizslas? But I don't think of myself as an "old-timer".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Sylvia! This is quite a number of experience, commitment and happiness.

    ReplyDelete