22 January 2013

Smiles instead of tears

BPIG* Am/Can CH Varazs Kiraly Sassy Sasha Am/Can CDX, FDJ, Am RE, Am RAE, TT, CGC, CGN
 December 31, 1992 - January 22, 2008 

6 weeks old

This day, five years ago, I said farewell to my beloved Sasha.  Hardly a day goes by when I don't think of him.  They say time heals all wounds and grief and they (whoever they are) are correct.  I can finally think about him with more smiles than tears - although I still shed some of those because I still miss him terribly.

Sasha was my heart dog.  He loved me unconditionally and so much that he would stress out so much if anyone else merely held his leash while I was elsewhere.  And I loved him back - unconditionally - because he could do no wrong.  He loved other dogs and was so good with all of them, especially puppies.  He never got into a fight and he remained intact until well into his old age.  And of course, he loved people too.  When Sasha was competing for his Rally titles in the US starting at the age of 12, he inspired others to get involved again with their senior dogs and that was a wonderful thing to know. His wonderful spirit lives on in his many kids, grandkids and great grandkids.

Here 's to over 15 years of wonderful memories with my Sasha. Gone but never forgotten.  Until we meet again at the other side of The Rainbow Bridge.

A look back at Sasha

* Best Puppy in Group

.

No comments:

Post a Comment