31 January 2010

Dreaming of Nova

Last night I had a very vivid dream about our Nova (CH Ferngold Varazs Innovation Can/Am CD FDJ, JH, Am/Can RA, Am RE, CGN). I dreamt that she was still alive and with her breeder, Eileen Wilks (formerly Wright). I was overjoyed to see Nova. Did she come to 'speak' to me? I don't know. I am very close to my dogs who are like my 'kids', albeit four-legged but I don't often have dreams about them. Recently both Sasha and Nova have been in my dreams but they have been on my mind so perhaps it's nothing more than a transference of daytime thoughts to night-time dreams. Regardless, it's wonderful for me to have contact with dogs that I love and miss very dearly. You may think I'm cuckoo but so be it.

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia,

    I had a vivid dream of Wager not long ago, it was so very real I woke up in the middle of my sleep. She is greatly missed. I do believe our loved ones visit us, to let us know they are alright--and haven't forgotten about us either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia, I think these dreams are absolutely significant and real. Probably happening to ease your mind, if you have been preoccupied with Nova and Sasha of late. I hope they bring comfort, rather than churn up emotions, as I'm sure your friends just want to check in and remind you that they are still here, just in another form.

    ReplyDelete