17 June 2008

First-hour photos of Miska's pups

First 2 photos are of Blue, the first-born (male) puppy. He arrived at 2:30 PM, weighing 13.8 oz.


They're all here! 6 puppies. The girls are Yellow and Lilac.











Shell-shocked Mom?


Miska thinks, "I can handle this. I had training when my mom, Nova, gave birth two years ago and I helped her clean and play with the puppies. I even tried to suckle those puppies but my fountains weren't working then."


Miska is proving to be an excellent and devoted mom. She has to be lifted and dragged outside to do her business and won't leave the whelping box even to drink or eat. She's being served her meals 'in-bed' so she can care for her whelps.



4 comments:

  1. Wow! They are so tiny! It seems like Miska is totally in her new role already, watching, sniffing, moving the puppies.
    Sylvia, I really like your way that you post the details about the puppies on the web; plus those amusing comments bring life to the pictures... :)

    Zofia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They are so tiny! It seems like Miska is totally in her new role already, watching, sniffing, moving the puppies.
    Sylvia, I really like your way that you post the details about the puppies on the web; plus those amusing comments bring life to the pictures... 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Congratulations Miska on a lovely litter! Can't wait to follow their progress via this blog - great idea Sylvia. Sending you all big hugs..I know you have worked hard and have several weeks ahead of you of more hard work but you 'girls' have done a wonderful job so far. Love seeing those new born stripes.

    Sherryanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a devoted mother and such a beautiful brud of pups!

    ReplyDelete